What Can You Eat On A Gluten Free Diet?
Let’s start with what you CANNOT EAT:
(Warning this is not medical advice)
Education is key in monitoring your diet. Apart from gluten been in obvious foods like bread pasta and beer. Gluten can be hidden in any processed foods:
- Imitation fish (e.g. crab meat)
- Soy Sauce
- French Fries
- Hot dogs
- Cold Cuts
- Potato Chips
- Any Manufactured Foods, always check how products are processed and if the facility is shared with gluten containing products.
Ingredients that contain gluten:
Abyssinian – Atta Flour – Barley – Barley Grass – Barley – Hordeum Vulgare – Barley – Malt Beer – Bleached Flour – Bran – Brewer’s Yeast – Bromated Flour – Brown Flour – Bulgar – Wheat – Cereal – Binding – Chilton – Club Wheat – Couscous – Cracked Wheat – Crisped Rice – Dinkel – Durum – Durum Flour – Einkorn Emmer – Farina Farro – Filler – Graham Flour – Hydrolyzed Wheat – Protein – Kamut Malt – Malt Extract – Millet – Oats – Phosphated – Flour Rusk – Rye – Semolina – Spelt -Triticale.
Cheat Sheet for Food and their benefits.
- Romaine Lettuce Squash Apricots Bell peppers (green best) Broccoli Cabbage Cantaloupe Green Beans Asparagus Plums.
- Sunflower Seeds (B1) Watermelon (B6 B1) Avocado (B6) Bananas (B6) Bell Peppers (B6 B1) Black Beans (B1) Cabbage (B6) Cantaloupe (B6) Carrots (B6 B1 B3) Cauliflower (B6) Halibut (B3) Mushrooms Plums (B2) Potatoes (B6) Raspberries (B2) Salmon (B12 B3) Sardines (B12) Scallops (B12) Shrimp (B12) Strawberries (B5) Squash Yams (B6)
- Spinach Strawberries Yams Sweet Potatoes Turnip Greens Watermelon Celery Cherries Asparagus Bell Peppers Blueberries Broccoli Cabbage Cantaloupe Cauliflower Green Beans Lemons Mangoes Oranges Papaya Potatoes Raspberries Romaine Lettuce
- Sardines Shrimp
- Apricot Asparagus Sunflower Seeds Turnip Greens
- Romaine Lettuce Spinach Soybeans Avocado Broccoli Carrots Cauliflower Bell Peppers Green Peas Asparagus Pumpkin Seeds
Iron and Absorption
- Green Beans Garlic Kidney Beans Leeks Lentils Plums Quinoa Sesame Seeds Spinach Asparagus Soy Flour
- Greek Yogurt Lentils Peanuts Shrimp Soy Flour Soy Beans Tofu Tuna
- Cabbage Milk Cheese Figs Flaxseeds Greek yogurt Romaine Lettuce
- Bananas Bell Peppers Broccoli Cabbage Cantaloupe Green Beans Kiwifruit Onions Papaya
- Onions Papaya Peanuts Pinto Beans Raspberries Spinach Strawberries Turnip Greens Chick Peas
- Apples Figs Kiwifruit Acocado Beets Black beans Cherries Kidney Beans Lentils Lima Beans Navy Beans Peas Pinto Beans Raspberries Strawberries Soybeans Chick Peas
- Caraway Seeds helps to fight the bad bacteria in the intestine and allow the good bacteria to digest food. Also good for digestion Apples Bananas Black Beans Brussels Sprouts Papaya Pineapple
- Grapefruit Celery Mushrooms
- Almonds Asparagus Avocado Beef Venison Cod Fish Corn Green Peas Tomatoes
- Millet Bananas Eggs Almonds Salmon Yogurt Beef Olive Oil
Osteoporosis Strong Bones and Joints
- Onions Tomatoes Rasins Spinach Figs
- Leeks Apricot Buckwheat Cherries Green Beans Halibut Navy Beans Olives Onions Oranges Pinto Beans Potatoes Romaine Lettuce Scallops Sesame Seeds Tuna Walnuts,
Now the good news, a few examples on what you CAN EAT and obviously in the non-processed form:
- Nuts (watch for cross-contamination in production)
- Wine (WARNING some wines are not gluten free – contact supplier).
- Tequila (made from pure blue agave plant).
- Potato Vodka
- Rum (research brands).
- Cognac (made from grapes),
- Gluten Free Beer (Gluten Removed Is Not Safe For Celiacs).
Help Blood Sugar
- Buckwheat (Make sure GF facility) Avocado Cauliflower Cherries Figs Flaxseeds Navy Beans Squash Yams
- Blueberries Eggplant Flaxseeds Red Grapes Halibut Salmon
- Carrots Plums Raisins
Blood Pressure Health
- Potatoes Soybeans Tuna
- Almonds Apples Apricots Lentils Sunflower Seeds
- Brussels Sprouts Navy Beans Soybeans
- Almonds Avocado Halibut Olives Salmon Sardines Scallops Walnuts
- Beets Mushrooms Strawberries Spinach Squash
Fend Off Free Radical Damage
- Plums Raisins Walnuts Apricots Bell Peppers Blackberries Cantaloupe Cashews Cherries Corn Green Beans Celery Lemons
- Watermelon Broccoli Carrots Kale Mushrooms Seaweed Avocado Grapefruit Grapes Lemons (also acts as an antibiotic) Raspberries Tomatoes Figs Soy
Speed up Your Metabolism
- Hot Peppers Brown Rice Apples Pears Cayenne Garlic Cinnamon Grapefruit Green Tea
- Low-fat and Non-fat Dairy Products Broccoli and Kale to Increase your Calcium intake. For Magnesium Pumpkin Seeds or Sunflower seeds Spinach Swiss Chard Wild Salmon Cashews Quinoa Potato with the skin Soybeans Beans Peanuts Brown Rice Increase B6 intake of Chickpeas Wild Salmon Lean Beef Chicken Breast White Potatoes with skin Banana Pistachio nuts and Lentils For Manganese Pineapple Spinach Collard Greens Pecans Lima Beans Pumpkin Seeds Walnuts and Raspberries Drink Chamomile tea as it helps relieve muscle spasms. It also relieves tension.